Join Team SR: How To Apply
Want to be represented by London-based model agency Sandra Reynolds? Keep reading to learn all about how to apply...
The lovely Katie on our Recruitment Desk will be taking you through everything you need to know about applying, what we need from you, and what you can expect from us too.
Hi Everyone! my name is Katie, and I work on recruitment here at Sandra Reynolds Agency. We are always looking for fabulous new faces and it’s mine and my colleague's job to go through all of your applications and get in contact with you to come in and meet us at either our London or Norwich office. In today's post, we'll be talking about how to apply to our agency and what you need to do if you're contacted to meet with us.
There are many attributes that we look out for but aside from your ‘look’ it is also imperative that all our talent have a friendly personality, professional and loyal attitude, and lots of common sense! Being a model or actor can be incredibly exciting and rewarding work but it can take a huge amount of commitment and dedication.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO BE A MODEL OR ACTOR?
Here are SR we work on an appointment-only basis, which means we don't see walk-ins so in order to be considered for representation, you will need to apply here. If your application is successful, we'll invite you to come and see us.
To help you out we've put together a short video to explain what we are looking for when you apply, what images you'll need to provide, and how the application process works:
WONDERING HOW TO BE A MODEL?
So, what next? You've taken some great headshots and you're ready to apply. Head to our website here to fill out the application form!
WHAT'S IT LIKE TO JOIN A MODEL & ACTING AGENCY?
If your application is successful we will then invite you to come in and see us for a chat and to take some casting shots. We want to make sure that the models & actors we represent are of the highest quality for our clients, which is why a casting is important so that we can get a feel for your character and how you work in front of the camera. When you come in to see us we are looking for personality just as much as the right look so make sure to show us who you are, be yourself, and enjoy it!
SECURING YOUR CHANCES TO GET SIGNED AND GET AN AGENT:
If we invite you in to meet with us, we are looking to see 'the best you' but as natural as possible. Ensuring you are prepared is essential as the impression you give when you come in to meet us is the same as we will assume you will be if we send you to a client casting. If you are late, not presented well, or unprepared, we will assume this is how you always conduct yourself and we will be unlikely to offer you a place on the books. So, make sure to consider this when coming to meet our model bookers and agents.
HERE ARE OUR TOP TIPS FOR PREPARING FOR A CASTING:
1. Your hair should be styled (down) naturally, casting shots should be a representation of how you look prior to any fancy hair do’s!
2. Make-up should be kept natural. Think sheer base, neutral colours, groomed brows and mascara.
3. Minimal/classic jewellery is fine. No chunky necklaces or large hoops.
4. Practice your moves. We want to know how you perform in front of the camera, and to know that we can get what we need quickly and efficiently - this is especially important to our clients. It can be useful to come up with a little routine, so that every time that camera clicks, we're getting a new pose and a different look which includes different angles and expressions, including smiles and laughs.
5. Be YOURSELF! We pride ourselves on having so many different and wonderful characters on our books. We want your bubbly smiles, attitude, and professionalism - but most importantly we need to get a feel of who YOU are as a model.
6. When coming into a casting with us, be sure to bring with you a USB of up-to-date images and previous work you may have done.
**Please note that we are not affiliated with any other model agencies, freelance scouts, or platform agencies (companies that offer to ‘build you a portfolio’). However, we do occasionally use social media to scout new talent. Any messages you receive from us will either be via our official social media channels, or come from an @sandrareynolds.co.uk email address. Unfortunately, there are a lot of scams within the industry, so please be vigilant. It is always advisable to approach an agency directly and fact-check before you proceed. We are happy to help.**
If you have any further questions about the recruitment process you can head to our FAQ's blog post here.